You should think of your website as the #1 marketing tool in your business. When people hear of a business one of the first things, they do is check out their website. This means it is often the first point of contact with a potential client and often what makes them decide if they want to know more. So, what can you do to make sure that your website is doing the job of top marketing tool?
- Keep your site looking good. Make sure your site design is current and meets the expectation of your industry. If it is obvious that your site has not been updated in a decade you lose some credibility.
- Make it easy for users to find the information they are looking for. The more someone has to search for something the less likely they are to stay on your site. Frustration results in website exits.
- Make sure your contact information is up-to-date. It may seem obvious, but many businesses will forget to update email addresses, phone numbers and addresses.
- Offer relevant and compelling content that meets the needs of your website visitor and shows why your business is a good fit.
- Make your call to action buttons, links and forms easy to find and simple to use. If the user has to hunt for a call to action, they will not do anything.
- Reduce drop off points on your site. Look at your analytics and determine where people tend to leave your site and create a path to keep them there. This could be adding a link to read more, offering a related blog post or including a call to action.
- Make sure your site is mobile friendly. Many users will never access your site from a computer, and instead use a smart phone or tablet. Make sure that your site looks great on any computer or device.
Your website should not only attract your ideal clients, but it should also communicate your offerings clearly to disqualify people who will never work with you. By ensuring that your site is user friendly, offers value and leads visitors into your sales funnel you increase the chances that your ideal website visitors become clients.
Get Your Weekly Slice of Pie!
Get weekly tips and tricks on how to manage your business, elevate your brand, increase your SEO, and MORE!
How to Use Social Media to Build Trust